Re: Bonding cockpit module/edit 3!!

Subject: Re: Bonding cockpit module/edit 3!!
From: Plantragg Developments <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:45:04

Further to our two notes about Cockpit Module Installation ;-
Yes, for "wiring" read WING.

Concerning fuel standpipe I have changed it yet again !  Since the plastic pipe
" has a finite life" (see manual quote) I have eliminated the necessity to
change
such pipe where it traverses future unaccessible places by substituting it
with copper "Bundy brake tubing".   I have routed it through the top of the
vertical face of the seat back bulkhead across the top of the  tank  to emerge
near the tank filler, and continues in plastic.  I have SEMI  shrouded the
vertical
stand pipe (which runs down the seat back bulkhead centre) with a white
plastic pipe which has a thin black line drawn onto it so the clear fuel pipe
sits in front of it (when fuel is present the line doubles in thickness due to
light refraction).  I intended shrouding the whole of this in yet another rigid
clear plastic pipe.  The lower end of this arrangement passed through a slot
in the central spine of the' tunnel' which is wide enough to see down,  (it
may be necessary for a  small light at the lower end, but if the fuel is that
low then you should be in 'PANIC MODE' "ANYWAY"!)  Please note that none of
these
alterations have yet been approved by our relevant authority - not yet anyway
!!

For wing pin mods see Europa tech talk stop press (no. 19).
Regards
Bob Harrison Builder 337.