Airframe Jig

Subject: Airframe Jig
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:00:24
Bob Berube is probably going to hate me for posting this...

Bob has a very nice diagram of a fuselage jig. It is constructed out of
timber which means those like me who can't weld can easily make it. You can
add wheels so you can _really_ confuse the neighbours by rolling your
fuselage down the street.

If I had received it a week ago I would have used it during my cockpit module
to fuselage mating [both enjoyed it and we expect to hear the squeaking of a
little undercarriage sometime in the future :-)], though the most useful
feature is being able to do all the rest of the work with the top off.

Tony

ps A tip for those bonding cockpit modules in. If you use screws and nuts
make sure the screws have cross heads. They are a lot easier to drill out
than slotted head screws. I know! We used 10 screws/nuts and 180 pop rivets
to keep everything in place.
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321