Radio reception

Subject: Radio reception
From: Tennant@tonline.de
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 16:46:46
I am using the Europa copper strip antenna with a Becker radio.

I have noticed that although the tower reception is clear and I have no
interferance
at all I
sometimes cannot hear other airplanes, even when we are within one mile of each
other.

Also, although the reception in the plane is OK I notice that my transmission
range
is only about 10
Miles.

I have not yet shortened the copper strips as suggested in the instalation
manual
because it
means removing the rudder each time.

Does anyone have any experience with this "tuning" of the antenna or can anyone
suggest a good
antenna.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Best regards

Barry Tennant
D-EHBT

By the way, I can consistently land without bouncing by giving a good dose of
power
in the flare to
damp the descent.