Re: HVLP paint systems

Subject: Re: HVLP paint systems
From: DaveBuzz <DaveBuzz@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 16:46:46
UP-Schabbellack Weiss (ref 03-69066) is the standard white, I believe it is
only manufactured in Germany from Akzo-Coatings GmbH, D-70469, Stuttgart,
Germany. Have a tel no. of: (++49) 711 89510 but not sure if it is correct.
Alternatively London Sailplanes could possibly help, UK 01528 662068.

Have just finished spraying the fuzz, and one thing that is noticeable as that
Schwab-weiss does not appear to be as toxic as the standard 2 part aircraft
paint systems.  With my S-10 repirator i could still get a whiff of fumes when
priming and finishing the metal bits, but no smell at all with Schwab-weiss on
the plastic bits. (knew that s-10 with its NBC levels of protection would come
in useful...)

chus, dave
G-BXUM