Re: Tools

Subject: Re: Tools
From: Kerry Lamb <kerry.lamb@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:47:23
As far as crimping is concerned you might want to get in touch with someone
who builds sailboat masts.  I can recall using a tool some years ago that
did a fine job of crimping ends on the stainless wire we used.  If I am not
mistaken the tool was WWII surplus for aircraft rigging.

Even if they don't have that nice a tool they have to have something that is
effective and frequently used.  The loads a mast carries are much higher
than you might think.

Kerry