Re: Aerodynamic Loads

Subject: Re: Aerodynamic Loads
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:46:38

> Can anyone supply the formula/s for calculating the applied force on a
> flight control, so that I may be able to do a load analysis on using teflon
> sleeved hinges with the consequent reduced pin diameter. If the areas of
> ailerons,rudder, and trim tabs is also known this would also be hand At the
> same time if anyone knows the forum address for the Longeze/Varieze builders
> I would appreciate getting it also.Thanks
> Reg
> Tony Renshaw
> Builder No.236

I looked in my directory of airplane design software, and to my suprise
found "consfc8.exe", for calculating forces on control surfaces.  Would
you like this?  What would be a good way to transfer it?

BTW, the program got the formulas from :
   _Low Power Laminar Aircraft Structures_ by Alex Strojnik

bra-uchfu@NOSPAMpcocd2.intel.com like the artist paints his dreams on
(remove - and NOSPAM)                 a canvas"  -  Minor Detail