Fuel Monitoring

Subject: Fuel Monitoring
From: nigel_graham@MENTORG.COM <nigelgraham@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:50:17

<< I am aware that capacitance gauges can misread due to different fuel types
<< but I did not realise they could be wildly out. Are you able to quantify
<< wildly? What would be the difference between Mogas and Avgas in their most
<< divergent states?
<<
<< Jerry

 On reflection, "Wildly" was perhaps an inappropriate word. To quote Ed
Jelonek, the designer and manufacturer of the Avelec FMS , "Differing fuels can
give 'significantly' different results".
  The readings remain linear, but are displaced up or down the scale depending
on the RD of the fuel.
  Nigel