Fuel guage

Subject: Fuel guage
From: Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:24:36
How do you plan on making the tube visible? I had thought of bringing it into
the baggage compartment, running it up the forward face and then back into
the fuel tank area to be externally vented but your idea of returning it to
the tank is even better. I intend only using the tube as a visual pre flight
and fueling indicator only.

Tony

I will run the tube up in front of the tank, so that the lower part will be
visible by opening the fuel tap hatch, and top part will run up the seat
back centre section and will be visible all the time, - useful when filling
the tank to the brim. I have made a mock up version to test the concept and
it looks ok.  If the scale is positioned towards the starboard side, it can
be viewed by the pilot, with just a little bit of difficulty. It would work
just as well running up the baggage bay, but obviously it would then only
be available as a pre flight check, which is a bit of a waste of a useful
back up fuel gauge.

Jim