Re: Fuel Tank

Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 19:05:05
In a message dated 08/03/98  20:22:54,  tonyk@kaon.co.nz writes:

<< Looking at how the tank sits in the aircraft there doesn't seem to be a lot
 places that the tank full height coincides with clear area to cut an
 inspection hole in the cockpit module. >>

Longitudinally - mid way along the flat bit between the head rests.
Laterally - outside the headrest by about 2" max.  A vertical there goes to
the deepest part next to the tunnel. Not sure about a fat capacitance gauge,
but the pipette gauge work was all done there.  Small tank must be similar.

But with the pressure gauge, you can curve the tube at the bottom so it can go
almost anywhere. I have done tests just behind the headrest as far out towards
the fuselage as it will go, which keeps the outlet out of the way and leading
straight into the headrest.  Why do we call them headrests.  Midgets wouldn't
be able to see out forwards (:-)))

Graham C G-EMIN