Re: control stiffness

Subject: Re: control stiffness
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 10:03:56
I had a good play at the weekend. I found that if I flipped the cockpit
module the right way up with the module sitting in its "natural" position the
controls freed up considerably but still had some binding. With careful
observation it was apparent that the binding was from the front bearing where
the circular flange is extended to become the control stick holder.

I dug out some fine sand paper and lightly sanded back the front of the
tufnol and soon regained my freedom of movement.

If I turn the module upside down the controls do stiffen up but I am certain
that is being caused by flexing of the fiberglass.

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 520 3321