control stiffness

Subject: control stiffness
From: Kenneth Whiteley <kenwhit@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 20:00:13
In message <98Jan18.221716nzdt.26881@quark.kaon.co.nz>, Tony Krzyzewski
<tonyk@kaon.co.nz> writes

>having moved the cockpit module around I now have two very effective
>rotational brakes. Neither column will move freely across the whole range and

>both bind quite noticeable at points.

Tony,
      As you have clearly had freely moving controls at one stage, it
should not be too difficult to regain this situation by slackening the
retaining nuts and bolts on these bearings. It should then be possible
to make the freedom of movement permanent by either packing them with
more flox or using tapered shims. I used pieces of epoxy printed circuit
for this purpose.
Ken Whiteley