Re: Hinges/hinge/hing contddddddd

Subject: Re: Hinges/hinge/hing contddddddd
From: SLAMHILL <SLAMHILL@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:41:38
To the net:

As a new builder just starting on the rudder, I've been following this hinge
issue very closely.  Despite a supposed possible liability issue I've been
surprised that the Europa people don't weigh in with an opinion or two at
least.  What say, factory?
Another question after looking at the factory-supplied rudder hinge material
again it would appear (at least to this currently undeducated eye) that one
would experience undue wear in the hinge/pin link at least after flexing the
hinge by hand and feeling resistance.  Following on this, would there not be a
source of improved hinges, to include teflon inserts (or equivalent) with
improved higher strength pins?  Or?

Appreciate any reply.  Barry Hill A86