Re: Hinges/hinge/hing contddddddd

Subject: Re: Hinges/hinge/hing contddddddd
From: James Thursby <jthursbyeuropa@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 16:54:52
Hey guys, All I meant to say is just because somebody else is doing
something doesn't mean it's a great idea. Not being sure about reducing the
hinge pin diameter by .023" has kept me away from this idea. I for one,
have no idea of the loads placed on these pins at 100mph/plus airspeeds. If
anyone had any data about the strength difference from a .084" piano wire
to a .061" stainless steel wire, I would like to hear it. If it is
negligible and not to be worryied about, fine, tell us. As I have already
bonded on all my hinges, that rules out the full length hinge option. So I
would like to know with FACTS if this is a viable option.
                     Jim Thursby
                        N814AT