Re: Tailplane Closeouts Tips??

Subject: Re: Tailplane Closeouts Tips??
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 09:29:55
I laid in the first layer wetted up on cling film then laid all other layers
dry and had no problems. If you do the layup with the stabilator standing on
its tip it is much easier. Just let the cloth feed into the tip end of the
root and trim off the excess once you have all the layers laid up. It does
end up getting quite thick at that point but at least it is strong.

Watch out for bubbles, they have a habit of appearing in the root layups
around an hour after you have finished.

If you want I have a few spare expletives you can use while doing the layup
:-)

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 520 4631