Re: Tail plane Closeouts Tips??

Subject: Re: Tail plane Closeouts Tips??
From: Kenneth S. Whiteley <ken@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:50:07
Re message <19971207.221139.9951.2.ErichDTrombley@juno.com>from  Erich D
Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>

The tailplane closeouts were tricky layups because you have to lay up on
two surfaces at right angles. What we did to make this easier was to
make a pivoting jig based on the foam jig attached to ply. Our pivot was
a "lazy Susan" a 6 inch ball race with a friction lock (this is a term
used in cabinet making for a device used in rotating bookcases etc), but
you could improvise something simpler. With the jig attached vertically
to the bench both parts of the layup could be done horizontally by
locking in the appropriate positions in turn. Finally it could be left
to cure with both layups at 45 degrees to the vertical

Ken Whiteley