Re: Landing gears

Subject: Re: Landing gears
From: 303print <303print@northrim.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:04:32
Hello

I too have been comparing the Glastar to the Europa for kit purchase.
But have been unable to reach a descision. I flew a Glastar (320)  2
weeks ago and was quite impressed with its abilities (compared to my
172). Now I need to find and fly a Europa. On the question of landing
ease, I wonder if a better comparison would be a taildragger Glastar in
comparason to a mono Europa. Which would be harder then to land and
takeoff? Or how does the mono Europa compare to traditional
taildraggers?

As long as I'm asking, whats the wing loading on the Europa?
Is the new XS wing different from the old as far as shape, size and
airfoil?

Thanks
Ken Bauman