Inertial Reels

Subject: Inertial Reels
From: James H. Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:19:08
Has any one found a source for inertial reels for the shoulder harness?
I have a 23 year stint with the U.S. Army in helicopters and a inertial
reel was used on the shoulder harness.  Why you say?  Well after my first
ride in an Europa, I found that I could not reach things when the harness
was up-snug proper.   A lockable version is prefered as when I was
demonstrated rolls etc. a snug harness is mandatory.  Also if flying in
any  turbulence, a lockable version is prefered.  I'm sure that some
automotive version would be fine except that you could not lock it up
when you wanted it locked.

                                europajim@juno.com
                                A058