Re: Approx costs of construction

Subject: Re: Approx costs of construction
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <genottes@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:12:24

Mark Warrington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> <snip> I have a few basic questions.
>
> I am currently training for my PPL, and when I pass I would love to
> start building a Europa. I would like the answers to the following
> questions if I can please.
>
> 1. How much, including tools, etc would it cost (approx) to build the
> Europa from start to finish? You guys will obviously have a much better
> idea of the hidden costs and I'd value your input since this is a non
> starter if I can't afford it in the first place.
>
> 2. How difficult is it to get the aircraft licences and get a C of A for
> it? How much does this cost and what steps are involved?
>
> 3. Where do you store your aircraft? If you store it at home, what do
> you do about things like excess fuel after a flight? Do you just leave
> it in the tanks?
>
> 4. How easy is it to complete the tasks involved? And what do you do
> about fitting the engine and instrumentation?
>
> If there is a FAQ that answers these questions then a pointer that will
> be sufficient and I'll leave you all in peace!
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Mark.

  I will leave it to those who are in the know to answer the above, but I
just had to voice my thoughts on your questions, Mark.
IMHO, if everyone who was interested in starting a kit took the time and
effort to do as you have above, the completion rate for kit planes would be
dramatically improved.  Congratulations on (1) Considering the Europa (as it
is the best!) and (2) taking such a thoughtful approach to it.  I hope this
dream becomes a reality for you, as I have a feeling you will produce an
excellent aircraft.

Regards,

Steve Genotte