Re: OFF-TOPIC (was: Re: Locating stock

Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC (was: Re: Locating stock
From: Simon Townsend <stownsen@parcplace.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:16:12
>Fergus Kyle wrote:
>
>>What wonderful fun! As soon as I ask to read your message, my computor
>>immediately calls up MICROSOFT WORD 6
>
>Which would probably do no good anyway since this spam appears to have been
>written in Word 7. Shows the level of smartness of the spammers that they
>choose a file format few people will be able to read (yet). Of course, as
>regular readers will know, I don't approve of M$ products either, so my
>research was conducted using one of the swiss army knives available on my
>Mac.

I don't want to tell my grandmother how to suck eggs, but watch these things
- they might contain macro viruses.  I saved it to disk and opened it in
WordPad, which can read most of a word document but can't execute macro's.
You can usually tell if you've been infected as "Customise..." and
"Macro..." are often removed from your "Tools" menu in Word.

Simon Townsend.

P.S., is there any solid info on the XS yet?