Re: xponder ground plane

Subject: Re: xponder ground plane
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 18:01:26
In a message dated 21/08/97  12:41:09, you write:

<< I see a rather small ground plane for the transponder
 antenna. I was told that it must be at least 65cm (26") in diameter.>>

At gigahertz frequencies it can be much smaller than that - Narco recommend
6" square for the ATR150.  Doesn't need to be copper plate either. I  glued
down Al. foil. It became torn and rumpled down in that dark tunnel when I was
installing other things, but nobody complained - until I also inadvertently
disconnected the cable !

Graham C.