Re: Europa

Subject: Re: Europa
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 14:47:19
>I was reading about the XS and was wondering if this is going to offered as
>a seperate kit or is it simply an improvement on the existing one?  Also,
>if it is going to be a seperate kit, how much is the total price (in $US if
>possible).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dan Bish
>d_bish@alphagraphicsinc.com
>
>Dear Dan,

Thank you for your interest in our Europa aircraft. We are proud to
announce the launch of our New Europa XS.

We have now sold over 427 kits worldwide and there are 55 customer built
Europas flying in the UK, Austria, Germany, South Africa and the USA, with
several more due to fly shortly.

I enclose as requested a specification sheet, details of the new XS kit
together with the launch offer.

We are proud to announce the new EUROPA  =93XS=94

=B7 Extra Speed
=B7 Extra Comfort
=B7 Extra range
=B7 Extra baggage space
=B7 Extra useful load
=B7 Extra advanced build kit

When the Europa was launched in 1993 it pushed the wheel of progress
forward.  The =93XS=94 pushes it into the next century!

With the development of the =93XS=94, the Europa has been taken on to the next
level in terms of flight capability, ease of construction and a large
reduction in building time.

Xtra Speed and Efficiency

A complete new firewall forward has been developed including sleeker
cowlings giving improved cooling with lower drag, greater aerodynamic
efficiency, increased prop clearance and a better over the nose visibility.
 Outrigger fairings and a new lower drag tailwheel assembly have resulted
in a 200 mph top speed for the Rotax 914 powered Europa.

A new higher aspect ratio wing is used in the =93XS=94 to give better climb
rates and increased efficiency.  New ailerons with reduced chord and
increased span have been incorporated to further enhance the Europas
delightful handling.

Xtra Comfort

The pilot=92s leg room has been increased by 2=94 and the central wheel well
has been reduced giving an extra 3=94 width in the seat pan area.

Xtra Range

An optional secondary long range fuel tank is available that will push the
Europa=92s range to over 1000 nautical miles / 1150 statute miles / 1850
kilometres.  In economy cruise the Europa will return 50 miles per gallon /
18 kilometre per litre on ordinary 4 star petrol.

Xtra Baggage Space

Baggage space in the =93XS=94 has been more than doubled opening up the
possibility of fitting a child=92s seat in the rear area.

Xtra Useful Load

Gross weight for the =93XS=94 has been increased by 70 lb / 31 kg for aircraft
fitted with variable pitch propellers or engines over 90 bhp and a weight
reduction programme has reduced the airframe weight by 20 lb / 9 kg.

The =93XS=94 Kit

The Europa kit has been developed over the last four years in line with the
experience gained and feedback from our 400 plus builders.

The =93XS=94 kit has been designed to drastically reduce the time to build and
simplify construction.

The main wings are now not only pre-moulded but also largely pre-assembled
knocking hundreds of hours off the building time.  The fuselage moulding
now incorporates the fin saving further time in construction.

Both wings and fuselage mouldings now come with a =93gel coated=94 finish that
is ready for paint, again saving hundreds of hours in the finishing process.

All nuts, bolts and hardware come in presentation boxes to simplify storage
and ease construction.

The =93XS=94 kit comes complete with the main gear damper system as standard
and a new tailwheel assembly that is designed to make the =93XS=94 much easier
to handle in the take off and landing phases of flight.

The Europa =93XS=94

We firmly believe that no other aircraft in the world today can compete
with the overall performance, efficiency and utility of the =93XS=94.

Due to the continued product development, all prices, specifications and
performance figures are subject to change without prior notice.

Europa =93XS=94 - Special Launch Offer

Save =A3700
Mono Wheel                                                Tri-gear
Normal =93XS=94 Price (excluding delivery and VAT)
                Stage 1                =A3  3,095                =A3  3,095
                Stage 2                =A3  4,995                =A3  4,995
                Stage 3                =A3  6,895                =A3  7,395
Complete Airframe Price        =A314,985                =A315,485

Launch 0ffer Price (excluding delivery and VAT)
                Stage 1                =A3  3,095                =A3  3,095
                Stage 2                =A3  4,995                =A3  4,995
                Stage 3                =A3  6,195                =A3  6,695
Complete Airframe Price                =A3 14,285                        =A3
14,785

Unfortunately I have not the current prices in US dollars here in the UK
but I have passed your details on to Mr Bob Berube, our US office manager,
who should get back to you as soon as possible. For your reference our US
Office address is :  340 Airfield Drive West                Tel : 941 647 5355
                     Lakeland                                Fax : 941 646 2877
                     FL 33811
                     USA

May I remind you that we also produce a more comprehensive information pack
and a new 27 minutes video presentation (PAL, SECAM or NTSC) for a cost of
=A318(you can also buy this video directly from Bob). This video illustrates
the thinking behind the design of the Europa, its mission, the kit, the
company, building techniques and materials and we believe this is the first
step towards your project .

As far as the building time is concerned, with the new XS which comes
highly pre-assembled, we estimate it between 700 and 1200 hours and no
special building skills or tools are required.

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact
either Bob or myself.

Yours faithfully

Lauren Charvet
Sales & Marketing Manager