Re: Europa

Subject: Re: Europa
From: Europa <Enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:46:26
>I was wondering if the Europa XS can accomodate pilots ranging from
>5'1" to 6'6" in height? If it can, what has to be done?
>
>Is the XS dimensionaly the same as the original?
>
>Is the new wing construction just as good and strong as the original?
>
>I understand it is harder to repair, but is it repairable by the
>homebuilder?
>
>Thank You
>Ken Bauman
>
>Dear Ken,

Thank you fore your new email.
After consultation of our technical department, please find below answers
to your queries.

Our Europa aircraft can certainly accomodate pilots up to 6'4", taller than
this it would be advised to sit in the aircraft and have a feel for it.

As far as the dimension are concerned they are roughly the same within 1"
except the cowlings/engine are 4" further forward but the spinner is 3"
shorter.

Regarding the new wing, it is as strong as the "old" one and is expected to
be better at resisting minor impact damage, such as in the hangar. Repairs
to an XS wing with major damage to the skins would probably require a new
skin section being scarfed in which would be easily achieved by the
homebuilder. Minor damage could be repaired using standard glassfibre
repair techniques.

I hope this email has answered your questions.
Should you require further details, please do not hesitate to contact me as
i will be happy to help.

Kindest regards
Lauren Charvet
Sales & Marketing Manager