Re: Spinners

Subject: Re: Spinners
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:04:18
message to Ron Swinden, & anyone else with a spinner problem<<

I have taken the plunge and organised a steel mould for the spinner front plate
to suit the Arplast VP prop. This means I will be able to supply front and back
plates ready drilled. All you need to do is cut the slots for the blades, push
the spinner on and drill for the fixing screws. Concentricity will be taken care
of by the back/front plates.
I suspect, from the increasing feedback from folks fed up with the vibration
when they fit their spinner, that I should also consider a front plate for the
standard Warp Drive spinner set up. My feeling is that this needs to be deeply
dished to add enough stiffness, hence a thick lump of steel for the mould. I can
only just lift the backplate mould into the oven  !:-( However, if it's worth
doing, just get on with it.

Those of you not yet flying, and maybe too, those who've not yet experienced the
silky smooth flight with a perfectly balanced prop, (courtesy Roger Bull and
Slingsby's electronic balancer) and spinner would be amazed.

Graham