equipment pool

Subject: equipment pool
From: Peter Davis <peterdavis@lineone.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:08:22
Hi there,

Anyone got any tools or equipment surplus to requirement that they would
like to sell to the Europa Club? Excellent opportunity to get rid of those
once-used bits of kit bought specially for the Europa project and never to
be used again, at least by yourselves, and get some of the cost back.

If so, just let me know as you may remember from a previous communication
that the Club is looking into the possibility of setting up a Tool Pool.

Whilst writing, you may like to let me know what your general thoughts are
regarding the idea of a 'Tool Pool' are as I have not had much in the way
of replies to date and it could be difficult for the Committee to justify
using money for this purpose if there is not a general feeling of consent
---From the members.

My apologies to those located outside Europe as I don't see this operating
beyond these boundaries at present, but who knows what the future holds.

Contrary to my first attempt at getting some reaction to this, lets go
public and try to get a 'string' going!  Write your replies to the Forum
and lets see what interest can be generated for this most exciting and
money saving proposition.

I, for one, have quite a few things, some of which have been made up for
the Europa - like a three foot tap (as in thread cutting, not water) for
super accurate wing root lift pin thread cutting - and much more that can't
be mentioned without registration (ie replies).

However, if's a lemon, just remember it was Ron's idea (Hi Ron,  love yer
baby!)

Regards,

Peter Davis (C154)