Re: Engine Installation - FIRE HAZARD !

Subject: Re: Engine Installation - FIRE HAZARD !
From: ember@cariblink.net
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:25:55
John Bean wrote:

> As RAF groundcrew in the 1960s he Nissan hut stove on the flight line was
> modified to run on the fuel from the Valiant and subsequent Victor V bombers.

        Now there's ingenuity for you !    We had to steal coal from the dump -
but you mean to tell me that the RAF was still using Nissen huts and
coal stoves in the 1960's ?
As for using aircraft fuel - we couldn't get anything except what was
used to run the trolley-acs. and even that was colour coded so that it
could be detected if used in a car [or my 350cc Calthorpe - nostalgia,
nostalgia ...........]

        regards,

                Martin