Re: HDT vs OAT???

Subject: Re: HDT vs OAT???
From: BSHADR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 17:51:50

<< It's in the manual. Look in the section about finishing the aircraft, you
 will find a graph showing the OAT vs skin temperature.

 I don't think you will have a problem with 35-40c. Remember that this
 moldless composite construction was invented by a company who's home base is

 in the Mohave Desert! >>

Folks:

For informational purposes only (not as a flame), I think Ken Rand of KR
fame, first brought the mold less construction concept of foam and glass to
the public about a year or so before Burt Rutan picked up the concept and
made it more what it is today.

If you are ever in OSH, be sure to stop in and look at the first EZ Burt
built.  His first one looked like it was carved out of wook with an ax and
sandpaper had not been invented yet...a bit rough...at least compared to the
sleek EZ speedsters of today.  Still Burt quickly took the concept into the
future and has been a real pioneer with moldless construction, and for this
we own him much respect.

I just didn't want Ken to be forgotten.  He may not be with us on earth, but
his designs still continue to bring low cost flight to so many.

Randy Stein
BSHADR@aol.com
Santa Monica, CA