Outboard rib Layup - Tailplane

Subject: Outboard rib Layup - Tailplane
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 20:19:02
Tailplane.
Some pointers which may help builders on the Outboard rib layup.
1.I used a Black and Decker Workbench to do the layup on.It is a split bench
which

allows room for the TP4 to hang down between TP5 and TP6.(the core had its own
wood
support)
2. I measured the ply up against the rebate before cornering the rebate.
3. The rebate I did with a Perma-grit flat file with a wood border to make it
25mm
wide
and to run the border along the outboard edge.
4. I golf balled TP6 and TP5 before using rapid epoxy to glue in place using
masking

tape around the area proud of the foam as a guide to the depth. Marked the
masking
tape
on TP5 to correspond to the vertical slot for position regarding the correct
angle.
5. Before proceeding with the layup I cut the holes (cross) to allow TP6 to poke
through
and marked with a felt pen on each BID the position of the rebate boundary to
act
as a
guide to cutting later. (each piece of bid was taped around the outer before
cutting
the
bid initially)
6.Rib Layup took 3 hours to complete.