Re: Color Schemes

Subject: Re: Color Schemes
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:46:41
<< he is also keen to do some wild "temporary" paint schemes .....  Does anyone
have any idea of a paint system that we could use to do this -one that will
wash/peel off a base white finish? >>

Try the new British Airways schemes! There was a company in the UK who used a
type of 'stick-on' vinyl for wacky temporary schemes on some airliners. The
aboriginal QANTAS scheme a few years ago springs to mind.

The new Cessna 172's are overall white with stick-on vinyl. Had thought about
this too.

I am using System 3 paints which are semi-gloss, requiring a top coat of clear
gloss if a super gloss finish is required. Anyone had any experiences (good/bad)
using a well briefed painter at a good car resprayers? I know that's what Europa
in Florida used for the tri-gear.

Regards

Martin Tuck
Wichita, Kansas