Re: Flyng- Spar pin insertion force

Subject: Re: Flyng- Spar pin insertion force
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:28:04
In a message dated 19/07/97  09:25:55, you write:

<< A special rigging tool might help, eg a longer spar pin with an offset
taper.
 Insert, >>

Not sure the wings would stay put after  withdrawing the special tool.  My
flap pins go in first try usually ( since I reinserted the bushes to stop the
ball rotating as you describe)  Yes, I have coned the ends of the spar pins a
bit more but they're still stiff to insert.

Have just put a platform extension on my wingtip dolly so it supports the tip
at rigged height rather than  at ground level, and am hoping this might solve
the problem next time out.

I am also modifying the trailer spar sockets to rotate through 90 deg., as
single-handed manoevring of the free wing when vertical in any sort of a
 wind is rather too exciting !

Graham    G-EMIN