Flox over Ribs

Subject: Flox over Ribs
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 09:07:38
Gidday,
Anyone see any problem with floxing the leading edge of my tailplane rib
either side of the leading edge, with the L.E. nose up, for about 2-3" top
and bottom surface, before the skin layup? I will contour sand postcure, and
provide an adaquate key in this location. The leading edge of the rib area
is least likely to delaminate away from the rib of the tailplane if
subjected to such a load that would want to pull the skin upward, or
downward away from the rib. I think you would be in "the S--T" for all sorts
of other reasons, if this small digression from the manual would cause a
compromise to structural integrity. Any suggestions from those ahead to
minimise the degree of uncertainty in this area would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Tony Renshaw