Re: Flox over Ribs

Subject: Re: Flox over Ribs
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:13:18
I think you will find that sanding back the flox without damaging the
surounding foam will be very difficult. Floxing the ribs is not as tricky as
it seems. Just make sure that the mixture is fairly thick, use a spatula to
put it in place and leave it just slightly proud of the surface. Cover it
with cling film and run your Thalco squeegee down the surface. It takes about
five minutes to complete and leaves a nice smooth surface. You will find that
the flox sits quite comfortably on the underside without sagging while you
are doing the layup.