Re: To fiddle or not to fiddle . . .

Subject: Re: To fiddle or not to fiddle . . .
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:05:01

>     But you didn't read the article . . . #1 on the essential bus
>     list of goodies is panel lighting . . . not 5 amps of post lights
>     and internally lit gizmos but a simple panel flood . . . a maximum
>     of .16 amps. How about a goose-neck mounted map light that can
>     point into your lap hands free for map reading and be twisted
>     to cover the panel during alternator out and/or situations like you
>     describe above?

Even easier is a gooseneck lamp with built in batteries tucked away for just
such an emergency. Have it attached with velcro on your own aircraft and take
it with you when you fly something else. I got one for all of ten dollars
---From a local catalogue sales company. It also comes in handy to provide a
little light inside the C172 rear inspection panels when I am removing those
birds nests that seem to grow to amazing size overnight - we even have birds
nest removal as an item on our pre flight check lists!!

Tony
Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 358 9127