Re: Propeller Balancing

Subject: Re: Propeller Balancing
From: Europa <europaav@ns1.avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 08:39:03

>The three blade propeller can be balanced statically with a suspension
>balance.

Does the static suspension balance do the job with the spinner on?  If not,
it may be of limited value since in our experience it is usually the spinner
which is more out of balance than the propeller itself.

When we do a dynamic balancing job it is done with the spinner in place.

We have to recoup the cost of hiring the kit from Slingsby plus a bit for
yours truly's time, but the cost would not exceed L 90, less if we can do
more than one aircraft on a given day - it does have to be done locally though.

We are working on a static balancer which will enable the job to be done
with the spinner on - not ready yet though.

Regards

Roger

                  Address for Europa Aviation technical back-up is
enquiries@europa-aviation.co.uk