Repainting

Subject: Repainting
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 18:14:51
I have just made a right mess of my cowling by attempting to add another
topcoat some months after the original.  I thought I had done all the right
things like sanding to a matt finish and scrubbing with thinners, but the
coat gave terrestrial meaning to globular clusters.  I am told that silicone
in polishes does this, but none of the several buffing agents, colorisers and
polishes I have used admit to having this as a consitituent, just dyes,
petroleum derivatives and pigments.  Any paint chemists out there ?

Graham C.