Re: Repainting

Subject: Re: Repainting
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 14:37:52
Many thanks for your offer of help, Jim.

I am using the "standard" (for Uk anyway) Europa offering of Akzo(
Netherlands) Aerodur Barrier Primer and Aerodur C21/10 UVR 2-part top coat
applied by air spraying at 5 bar.  There was no lifting or softening, just
complete repulsion of the new top coat in localised areas ( up to several mm.
across), resulting in an unusable surface. If those are fish eyes, they are
---From Moby Dick !

I have rubbed it all down once more and repeated the process, this time
successfully.  But it would be nice to know what not to use as polish, in
case I want to recoat  other parts of the a/c.  Highly likely it would seem,
as I always seem  to rub through before the finish is to my satisfaction.

Graham C.