Re: Strip Lamps causing Discolouration

Subject: Re: Strip Lamps causing Discolouration
From: Peter Davis <Petermdavis@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 17:02:11
I was very interested to see that :-

a)  over time my wings, in particular, went from nice blue to slightly less
nice blue/green having been subject to strip lamps and daylight;

b)  when I came to wash off the amine blush (remember - 50/50
vinegar/water) prior to sanding (only slightly!) and filling said wings,
they returned to nice blue colour. Makes you wonder about all those areas
you didn't wash off prior to bonding, although I guess a good sanding
should have taken off the worst of it.

Mind you, the stuff that came off was yuck and goey, and I kept my garage
down to the requisite R.H. levels & temps when resining

regards - my 2p worth too,

Peter Davis  154