Strip Lamps causing Discolouration

Subject: Strip Lamps causing Discolouration
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 07:55:52
Duncan,
Yes, I didn't hear from anyone else, so I asked a local builder who is not
on the Internet. He said that his components discoloured, and that it is
normal. Whilst it may be normal if exposed to UV from strip lamps as you
summise, it may not appear if covered whilst storing.  It is corroborating
evidence that the leading edge of my fin is where I noticed the slight
discolouration first, and it is the only part of the fin that protrudes out
---From my shelf. Because of what you are hinting at that may be the cause, I
am going to cover my components. Thanks for the tip, and I will fax off to
SP Systems and see what they have to say. I'll keep in touch.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236