Panel Planner Software and some Sun 'n Fun bits

Subject: Panel Planner Software and some Sun 'n Fun bits
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:50:51
Among the many items (a suitcase full) that I bought at Sun 'n Fun is a copy of
Panel Planner. For an amazingly low $99 this software is enough to keep you
occupied
for many hours. I note that the Europa panel isn't quite right however
and remember someone mentioning this earlier. Has anybody got a correct panel
size for Panel Planner or am I going to have to spend an evening doing it
myself?

It was really pleasing to see Ian Richards from Permagrit doing so well at Sun
'n Fun - he was certainly selling quite a bit when I walked past his stand.

There was a concensus opinion from all who saw it, that Aeropoxy's Lite filler
is definitely worth considering as a final filler coat. Aeropoxy Lite is a
light,
sandable filler that doesn't breed pin holes overnight. It is a bit softer
than the West System Filler and SP Resin mix so isn't recommended for filling
deeper areas.

Best new toy - a Garmin GPSMAP 195. Bigger, clearer and dramatically improved
reception
over the GPS90. I tested it this morning on a drive into the city and
had full 3D navigation even in the city centre surrounded by tall buildings.
Goodbye DI !

Voice Flight Avionics get my vote as the best of the (affordable) electronic
engine
management systems. The unit fits in a standard instrument hole, talks to
you, has optional LCD displays and soon will have a graphical display available
as well. The guys who build the unit certainly know what they are talking about
and are really helpful. Archangel gets the prize of the best instrument panel
system - if you can afford the USD18,000 that they want for it. For that
figure you get a 12 inch display that rivals the instrument panel of a 747 -
even
Graham Clark would approve :)

I spent some time looking over other kit manufacturers and the quality of the
bits
they supply to the builders - folks, we don't know how lucky we are. The only
company that I found that exceeded the quality of the Europa kit was Stoddard
Hamilton. Their manuals have to be seen to be believed.

As far as aircraft go - I definitely made the right choice .... Other than the
Lancair which is in a whole different league, the Europa was by far the
classiest
kit aircraft at the show.

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Managing Director          PO Box 9830
Ph 64 9 358 9124          Auckland
Fx 64 9 358 9127           New Zealand
tonyk@kaon.co.nz