Trailing edge forming etc

Subject: Trailing edge forming etc
From: Dennis Lowe <DennisL@inovatec.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:08:35
1:I seen somewhere, but forgotten where, the use of 'L' aluminium section
to form neat, straight trailing edges. Could anyone confirm the method? Do
you need to put peel ply on the section?

2:As a beginner I noted several methods of cutting the glass back to the
core after laying up, including letting the epoxy fully cure first. Trying
to avoid dust as far as possible I tried the method in the manual at the
leather stage, but using a wooden mixing spatula under the glass for
support pushed tightly up against the foam. Cutting with a Stanley knife,
as they say in the book, is like cutting cheese, and very easy to avoid
de-lamination etc. Very little sanding is needed to finish the job.

3:Fuel gauges. I too do not like the idea of plastic tubes carrying petrol
around the cockpit. Using two capacitance gauges is a good solution, maybe
a less costly solution would be one gauge and a (1/4?) full level sensor
(RS type?)  giving a backup warning.

4:Finally, congratulations to David Watts and contributors on the club
magazine. It's excellant, and above all, positive!!