Mod to method ???

Subject: Mod to method ???
From: Dennis Lowe <DennisL@inovatec.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:36:52
This is the question I raised over the Easter weekend before my first layup
and am grateful to G.S for his reply. I was over concerned at not getting
the slots levelled off properly with dry micro and burning my bridges by
continuing directly with the slurry and layup.

In the end I just went for it, I'm not sure getting a little dry micro
around the slots is a problem?? It's slurried over and squeezied away
anyway.

The end result seems to be fine, with no dips where the slots were. But the
inspector hasn't seen it yet!!

The only problem I did have is the curved edge of the leading and tip
edges. The curve isn't quite right. A little too much foam sanded away.
"No problem", says my inspector, "cut a little off and glue in some more
foam. Then chamfer in more glass. It will be good practice!"

I'm thinking about it!