Re: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?

Subject: Re: Logistics, not technical. Where to build a Europa?
From: Peter S. Lert <peterlert@montrose.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:27:03
I'm hardly a nationalist, but I think one of the few areas in
which the USA is markedly superior to most other countries is the way the
FAA treats homebuilders.

        That being said, and not knowing your nationality: if you're by
any chance American (or married to one, etc.), you might consider
building, or at least finishing, the airplane in some country that has an
onsite FAA office (like the one in Frankfurt), having it inspected by the
local FAA types, registering it with an N-number, and enjoying all the
advantages of American homebuilt aircraft ownership.

        Aside from that, it would probably be to your advantage if you
could build near other Europa builders and be in contact with them.