Re: Intercom Installation problem

Subject: Re: Intercom Installation problem
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 09:04:25
>In a message dated 23/02/97  01:49:28, you write:
>
>>GPS and aircraft frequencies can be unhappy bedfellows<
>
>Those of you with radio amateur licences in the UK will know that the
>authorities are pondering on whether to allow ham transmisions while airborne
>- so you will have to watch what your passengers are doing in the back seats
>(no not that!).

I have had an occasion where one of my passengers decided to use his
notebook computer on descent, contrary to the P.A., and the a/c decided it
didn't want to go to Perth anymore, and turned uncommanded toward the north.
We underwent the quite often normal glass cockpit conversation of " What is
it doing now?" before deciding that irrespective of where it wanted to go,
We wanted to end up in Perth! It is certainly not fiction that these a/c are
effected by RF emmitting devices, and Mr Boeing has instituted a reporting
system to attempt to narrow down what triggers this a/c behavior, no doubt
in an attempt to fix it.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236