Re: Keeping warm . . .

Subject: Re: Keeping warm . . .
From: Graham E Laucht <graham@ukavid.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 23:08:37
In message <970129212833_72770.552_HHS38-1@CompuServe.COM>, "Robert L.
Nuckolls, III" <72770.552@compuserve.com> writes

>If someone would do the legwork in finding out what kind
>of products are out there and what they cost, I'd be
>happy to help with the writing . . .

OK, but if this turns into one of those awful shopping mall channels I
will switch off.

Though rare in scrapyards, you could always go out and steal one but
Volvo car and truck drivers have the luxury of a heated pad embedded in
the seat cushions. In Birmingham there is an outfit called Fletcher's
that buys up excess car industry "waste" and every now and then they
have a few dozen in stock. Very thin polyester film and consuming about
2 amps they could be formed into leg warmers, something to fit around
the small of the back, even into an electric turban. The last lot cost
about 3 pounds per panel.

It's my knees that go first, I've taken to flying with a long scarf
wrapped round each, so geriatric. My next plane will need stowage for a
Zimmer frame at this rate.

--
Graham E Laucht