Re: Washout errors...

Subject: Re: Washout errors...
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:52:30
>> there is a small unwanted error in the washout of the wing leading edges<<

Since none of us can guarantee exactly equal wings, this is what I am now
advising everyone to do.
Build the wings as per normal, trying to keep them as straight as possible, then
make a template to give you a level at 70% span. When you set the incidence, (&
bond on the lift pin sockets,)  Make the incidence of each wing the same at 70%
span, not at the root.  I might be tempted to guess a slight deflection to
counteract engine torque, but no more than .1 degrees. The extra incidence on
one side at the root will have little effect on roll trim.
Credit for this tip should go to Tim Dewes, who I believe isn't on here. He's a
glider repairer and inspector.

Graham