The rudder cable system

Subject: The rudder cable system
From: Tony Turner <100113.2571@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:11:25
>> Finally, be revolutionary in the spirit of the monowheel and throw out
all
the footpedal mechanism entirely. Make the cable system a "closed U",
returning it across the  tunnel round pulleys at the side of the tunnel,
just
behind the wheel. Fit a pivoting  operating lever through a transverse slot
in the tunnel top. Hand operation is probably quite adequate for anything
but
aerobatics, or you could fit a servo assist  Might need a side throttle if
you like to keep a hand on the thottle while taxying. <<

The 1910 Deperdussin my wife and I polish at The Shuttleworth Collection
uses a similar system, only with a steering wheel for rudder control
instead of a lever and the pulleys mounted externally on the fuselage
sides.

Now waiting with baited breath for the first Europa with wing warping ...

 T.T.
Motoring with OzWin 2.10 (g3)