Re: Tony's Builder Hints Contest

Subject: Re: Tony's Builder Hints Contest
From: ChuckPops@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:32:39
Another handy hint or three-

I always try to mix a bit more resin than I need (better than too little,
given the problems with small batches), so I usually have some left over.
 Rather than let it harden and be consigned to the gash bin, I put leftover
resin, flox and micro pots into the freezer.  I have thus kept them for
several days, and maybe up to a week.  When I need a bit of resin or flox, I
pull out the frozen pots, pop them into the microwave for a few seconds, and
have instant mixed (and warm) materials!  Only caveat is that microwaves seem
to catalyze curing, so the microwaved materials must be used quickly!

Also, I buy chip brushes from Harbor Freight for about 30 cents each, for
resin application.  After using the brush for a layup, I pop it also into the
freezer without cleaning.  This allows up to 4 layups for each brush before
it starts to get stiff and must be consigned it to the gash bin.  This sure
beats cleaning brushes with acetone, which I used to do.  Cheaper too, I'll
bet!.

Pops
A'building #A36