G - whizz and Blighty visiting

Subject: G - whizz and Blighty visiting
From: Gramin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:18:56
Pondering the equations for the dropped frame, while reading Tony's global
transit intentions, it occurred to me that the best way from Auckland to
Edinburgh is to jump into an evacuated  hole bored between the two. You need
to be grabbed timeously  as you appear (at zero velocity) the far end,
otherwise you a doomed to oscillate for ever between the ends with a period
which (not surprisingly) turns out to be that of the great circlel low earth
orbit . You also happen to reach half earth escape velocity (say 3.5
mile/sec) at the middle, but maybe that's just as well in view of the
temperature there.
 A few cans of 4x would no doubt help, especially as extra baggage is totally
free with this method of transportation, though if I jump in this end when
you start, there would be hardly time for a quick handshake as we pass, let
alone a booze-up. Who says theoretical physics is dull - better than a slap
in the face with a wodge of wet epoxy eh?

Merry Christmas all,

Graham C.