Re: Midwest AE-100 engine information requested

Subject: Re: Midwest AE-100 engine information requested
From: Europa Aviation Ltd <enquiries@europaaviation.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 08:31:42
>Dear builders:
>
>I am looking for some more  detailed information regarding the Midwest
>AE-100 rotary engine.
>
>Noise level compared with ROTAX 912
>Vibration level compared with R'912
>Oild consumption/management
>RPM vs torque
>Has someone flown G-KITS with the new engine?
>
>Drop me a note to the Canadian Shield....
>
>Christoph Both #223, Halifax, Canada

Christoph,

The noise level on the Mid West AE-100 is higher than the Rotax, although in
fairness we have not yet concentrated on improving the silencer performance.

The vibration level is less than the Rotax 912 except when "2 stroking" at
low power settings.

Specific fuel consumption is about 40% more than the 912 - oil consumption
is 1% of fuel consumption, the oil is fed direct from the tank to the engine..

The torque curve is more or less flat.

We have about 40 hours in G-KITS with the Mid West so far.

Regards,

Andy