Re: Re: Single handed manoevres

Subject: Re: Re: Single handed manoevres
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 19:30:51
>>I noticed that ODTI had spar guides additional to the manual specification
when I photographed her in June.  These obviously assisted in rigging.<<

Spar guides are essential for rigging. Why they aren't included I can't imagine.
Perhaps because Ivan never gets to rig a Europa anymore. The guide stops the
spar slipping to the back of the spar hole and tangling with the quick connects.
It also lines up all three pins, fore and aft, leaving you to handle the
vertical. This can be seen from the tip byu the position of the wing root
fillet.

Graham