Re: Re: Single handed manoevres

Subject: Re: Re: Single handed manoevres
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 21:04:33
>>Would having the wing support higher be of any additional benefit when
rigging?<<

Not really, a tip cartis very easy to manoevre just as you describe by
manhandling the spar. What you do need, I find, is a stop of some sort on
the lower aft bit of the spar aperture. Otherwise the spar tends to slide
downhill and won't enter the far cup. I have also have a guide (hardwood
not girl!) attached to the cockpit wall pointing at the cup to get easier
entry, but it's still necessary sometimes to run around to the otherside
to persuade the end to enter longitudinally. There is unfortunately no
room to add aft direction extensions to the cup due to closeness of the
bell crank.

The starboard wing is guided by a similar guide reduxed to the port spar.

Graham C.